A Trip with Malioboro Express

14:32



I was born and raised in Yogyakarta but not with mom. She was born and raised in a small city in East Java and mostly her family are live there. Thanks to technology, she can send a lot of phone messages and recenty she chat them using WhatsApp~ So she could continously keep in touch with them.

But sometimes some event made us had to go to their place, like wedding. My cousin got married last February so we should go there. There was no airport and if you want to went there by bus, you should take a couple of bus(es)~ So train is the best choice! So now, I like to share my trip rode a really cheap and comfortable Jogjakarta - Malang's train (back then): Malioboro Express!


Nope. Our destination was not Malang. Malang is a quite big city, maybe the biggest city in East Java's south region. And like I said (or wrote) up there, my mom's hometown is a small city. Try to find out our destination~


A long distance journey could be a pain in the butt when it comes to money or comfortable. I got both when I took this train! I'm so lucky back then. I had to paid Rp. 200.000,- for an executive class ticket. Before, I had to paid Rp 250.000 - Rp350.000! Malioboro Express which had been operated around 2 years opened a new schedule so it might be a promo. Last time I checked the price it has been same with the other trains'. Blah. Me no likey.

Ehm. Normally, a train which headed to Malang departured at so midnight from Jogjakarta. If it wasn't 12 o'clock, it's 2 A.M! So I never took a glance ot it scenery. But this Malioboro Express heading to the east /lol/ 9 in the morning! So it could be a waste if I don't bring any camera.


When we first got in the train, we felt comfortable. It wasn't like Malioboro Express had the best interior, but it wasn't the worst. The air conditioner worked well, it was a clean and neat train, and I love it-so-Yogyakarta's-feel-interior! They put a lovely batik above it chair which was match well with the chair beige colour~

Oh, hi~~




Airport's railstation! lol.
Mt. Merapi. I'm sure I saw Mt. Merbabu too but...... what the hell was happen? ;A;
But sadly, east part of Java's railway scenery is not good at all. I prefer the West part of it ;A; I even could took a nap which I couldn't do when I took a train from Jakarta from Jogja last time. But sadly the photos that I took when I was on my way back to Jogjakarta from Jakarta was (I hope) temporary gone~ 



After 5 hours spending my time with enjoying not-so-beautiful scenery and half sleeping, we saw some familiar road and buildings which mean we would arrived in our destination city's railstation in a few second!



Yes, It was Tulungagung!
The most beautiful and comfortable city I ever went to. You might think that I was exaggerate but you'll know I was right once you visit it. It wasn't about the facility nor it technology. It was the people who made it so beautiful. I couldn't explain it if you never met them. The foods were all good. I never hate Tulungagung's food. My favorite are Nasi Pecel, Pecel Punten, Ayam Lodho, Rujak Cingur, and Bakso Solo. Yes, Tulungagung have Bakso Solo which I love more than the one which sold in Solo. lol.

I might be wrote this subjectively and I might missed something about Malioboro Express or Tulungagung. But you'll never know how much I wrote this subjectively before you experience it yourself, right?

So, when will you take Malioboro Express and have a plate of Tulungagung's Pecel?

A train lover
who loves Tulungagung more then her hometown,
Mona

You Might Also Like

0 comments